1 stick margarine (I used Earth Balance)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 18oz creamy peanut butter
1 lb powdered sugar
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Guittard)
Melt margarine in large bowl, add brown sugar, mix, then peanut butter & vanilla, mix. Add powdered sugar & mix (using spoon.) Mixture will be crumbly. If desired, use hands to compress powdered sugar into peanut butter for more even texture. Press into 9x12 jelly roll pan using rolling pin. Melt chocolate chips and spread on top. Chill until almost set. Cut into squares. Chill further.
Note: this is my moms recipe that we always have during the holidays. My first attempt at the dairy free version of these came out a little crumbly so I will probably try to reduce the amount of powdered sugar a little bit next time.
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment