Thursday, December 13, 2012

Foaming Hand Soap

With all the handwashing we have been doing lately due to sickness, I decided to post on my recent "duh!" moment when I got to the bottom of my foaming hand soap. Previously, we had bought a regular hand soap refill jug and were just watering it down to make it the appropriate consistency for the foam pump.

Recently I stumbled across this in my cleaning cabinet that I had purchased for super cheap on sale and with a coupon:











Then it dawned on me... A little dawn dish soap goes a long way. This stuff is actually marketed as hand soap AND dish soap (and this one is also antibacterial, which not everyone enjoys but I happen to like it.) It is like the perfect thing for having at the kitchen sink, especially in an easy foam pump. Need to wash a spoon real quick? Boom. Need to wipe a placemat? Boom. Need to clean your hands? Boom. Why didn't I think of it before? So we just put a bit of dawn dishsoap/handsoap (maybe a tablespoon or two?) and slowly added water to our empty foam pump. Pennies a refill. Boom.

Incidentally, no one else has caught my disease... Thank the Lord!

No comments: